Transparency Mask in Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add Transparency Mask
Subtract Transparency Mask

Intersect Transparency Mask

Does anyone know what those selections are for? I can not understand how to use them!

Screenshot 2024-02-03 223921.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Hi! I think I managed to figure out what those commands do. There is the 'Select Pixels' command, which has the shortcut Ctrl + click on the image (in the Layer Panel). By using the 'Add Transparency Mask' (Ctrl + Shift + click on the image), 'Subtract Transparency Mask' (Ctrl +Alt + click on the image), and 'Intersect Transparency Mask'  (Ctrl + Shift + Alt + click on the image) commands on different layers, we can create a marching ants selection.

I got confused because of the term 'transparenc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I think I managed to figure out what those commands do. There is the 'Select Pixels' command, which has the shortcut Ctrl + click on the image (in the Layer Panel). By using the 'Add Transparency Mask' (Ctrl + Shift + click on the image), 'Subtract Transparency Mask' (Ctrl +Alt + click on the image), and 'Intersect Transparency Mask'  (Ctrl + Shift + Alt + click on the image) commands on different layers, we can create a marching ants selection.

I got confused because of the term 'transparency mask', I initially thought it was related to masks rather than selections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, the phrasing seems less than ideal; »Add Transparency to Selection« etc. would be clearer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines