Transparent Background not exporting

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please help.

PhotoShop CC 2018

I'm exporting a logo with a transparent background.

• I see the transparent background in preview
  • Transparency is checked
  • Saved to web
  • It is a png-24
  • Converted to sRGB

It exports with a silver background.

Thank you!

1-before export.png2-After export.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See of you have transparency checked in Photoshop preferences.

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 12.30.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do. Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your message it is unclear whether you use 'Quick Export as' or the old 'Export - Save for the Web'. If you use the old 'Save for the web', then the Export Preferences are irrelevant. You need to check the transparency option in the Save for the Web dialog itself. That still works fine on my copy of Photoshop CC2018.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, you're right I didn't make it clear. I checked transparency in every export I've done. I've done quick export, saved to web, Export As. I've tried every single export and nothing is working, I've even uninstalled Photoshop and reset the settings. I think It's something in the file that I'm not catching, but I'm not that proficient in PS, so I don't know what to look for.

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 10.09.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 10.11.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your previews seem to show shading in the "transparent" area. I assume this means you want to export with a semi-transparent background, You can do this, but only certain apps will show this effect. This is best not used in uncontrolled environments.

So

* Are you aiming for semi-transparent background

* What is the viewing app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shading was unintentional, I was trying to get  full transparent background. Do you think that shading is causing the issue. I'm starting over right now with a new logo, and I'm going to export intermittently to see where this is happening.

I'm on a Mac and viewing it on Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved, I created a new logo and the culprit was a sparkle brush I was using that created that shading effect and was causing a semi transparent background to export. Everything exports fine before I use that brush. Thanks for your answers, sheesh I spent a hell of a lot of time on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines