• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent background turns grey while working with Artboards

Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I set my Artboard background to transparent, is there a way to get it to show the checkerboards? Right now, when I do this, the background turns muddy dark grey. I looked in the Preferences, but I'm not seeing anything to change this behavior.

ChrisPanny_0-1642796870810.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photohop you're using along with your computers operating system? Since when are you experiencing this behavior? Does this happen while placing an object or performing a particular task?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening on Windows 10 (21H2 Build 19044.1466) and Apple Big Sur 11.6

Windows PS:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.1.1 20220106.r.202 060a6d1 x64

Mac PS:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.1.1 20220106.r.202 060a6d1 x64

It's just with this file I'm working on. It's just a circular image with some smart objects in it and no background color layer. Even If I turn off all layers, or delete them, I still see the dark grey background. I've tried toggling through the other Artboard backgrounds - White, Black, Other and they work fine. It's just when I set it to Transparent the issue occurs.

I created another print file from scratch, ticked the artboard option, set the Background Contents to Transparent and when it openes, I'm seeing the checkerboard background. 

I made a 2nd new print file and left the Background Contents set at White. After the file was generated, I changed the Artboard to Transparent and it shows the checkerboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found something unusual. When I created the print document from scratch, it shows the Color Mode as CMYK with the Color Profile as Working CMYK US Web Coated. However, when I tick the Artboard option, it changes the Color Mode to RGB. I click on the CM drop-down to change it back to CMYK, there are no other CM options - only RGB.

So I can't make print doc with Artboards in CMYK then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. first artboard is white, others I made are grey. 

Mac Monterey 12.2.1

Photoshop 23.1.1

This is so frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just came here to report the same issue. Mac OS 10.15.7 - Photoshop 23.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know when you get a fix. I've had this happen 3-4 times this year (Never previously) and it's always once I add an artboard. So odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only create a new document with Artboards in RGB, which is what I started out with. At a later time, I changed it to CMYK and that's when I got the muddy grey background instead of the checkerboard pattern to indicate transparency. It's a funciton of artboards and CMYK. If I switch back to RGB, transparency (checkerboard pattern) is visible again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue. Would be great to get a fix. This happens multiple times a day to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines