• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent rectangle

Advisor ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am working on an image and get to the bottom left corner of my image with my brush, I get a darkened transparent rectangle appearing in the bottom left corner:

rectangle.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this is, please? (you can see the brush tip in the image above)

Thanks

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

The more I'm reading about this the more I'm feeling it's a bug and needs to be reported to Adobe, anyone else's suggestions will

just be temp fixes.

To hopefully get a permanent fix you should post here; Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I'd also use some of Dave's info when writing your report and maybe Dave can help you get to exact reason as to why this is happening.

if he can it will help the Adobe team in fixing it!

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be the brush tip preview for the brushes. Check the brush palette and the window settings to hide it or make it appear elsewhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Had a look around but can't see a related setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows > Brushes

Brushes window > Settings > Brush Tip (Uncheck)

fig1.jpg

fig2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That did. Though I am not sure why deselecting this works as no brush tip ever appears in the transparent rectangle. But I'm happy it seems to have gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back.  Clearly not the correct answer after all.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View>Show>Brush Preview

bpr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this.  Unfortunately, "Brush Preview" is already unselected so I assume it cannot be the cause of the rectangle that occurs in the bottom left corner. Still mystified and I'll continue investigations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's something that just started, then resetting the photoshop preferences would be a good idea.

Edit>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences on Quit (windows)

or

Photoshop CC>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences on Quit (mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  No, it's not new.  I just became curious as to what it is and why it appears, and appears just when the brush reaches the bottom left hand corner.  I thought there might be some simple answer and that many people would be experiencing the same event.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

I got this to happen this morning. By clicking (not just hovering) near the bottom left of the document window that semi-transparent rectangle appeared. It is not the brush preview as I had that enabled separately. Switching off all the extras made no difference.

I tried adding an artboard - the rectangle would not then appear on clicking. I stepped back in history, to the point prior to adding the artboard and the rectangle would not re-appear again. I've not been able to replicate it since.

Has the hallmarks of a bug - if only I could figure out how to reproduce it again, I could report it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, thanks very much for pursuing this.  Further experimentation shows me that the phantom rectangle does indeed happen on click, not hover, I was wrong about that.  Also it occurs when a brush (or tool) with a Bristle tip is used and carries on when a brush tip is then changed in the brush attributes palette for an ordinary brush like a Spatter.  If you then select a different tool, and then go back to the brush with the ordinary brush tip, the rectangle does not reappear.  It must be some strange action of a bristle tip brush.  I wonder what the two vertical lines of small white dots at the top left of the rectangle signify?

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more I'm reading about this the more I'm feeling it's a bug and needs to be reported to Adobe, anyone else's suggestions will

just be temp fixes.

To hopefully get a permanent fix you should post here; Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I'd also use some of Dave's info when writing your report and maybe Dave can help you get to exact reason as to why this is happening.

if he can it will help the Adobe team in fixing it!

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles - I'll raise a bug report myself - once I can confidently reproduce the issue. If I can say what triggers it, that will allow the developers to reproduce and fix it.

David - I'll have a bit more experiment later today, using the bristle tip brushes as you said.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck chaps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines