• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim, Fit, and Canvas size Script

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out. I have many images with a product cut out on a pure white background and I need to figure out how to get it to fix on a canvas with a ratio of 2000/1778 with the product fitting either horizontally or vertically. if the product is larger than 2000/1778 the action I created works perfectly but, if it is smaller it leaves too much room either on the top or sides. the action I created goes like this:

CROP

Trim

> based on: top left pixel color

>with Trim Top

>with Trim Bottom

>with Trim Left

>with Trim Right

Fit Image

>height: 1778 pixels

>width: 2000 pixels

>With Don't Enlarge

If

>current document is landscape

>Then Play Action: action "horiz crop"

>Else play Action: action "vertical crop"

Horiz crop

>Canvas Size

> Height: 1778 pixels

>vertical: bottom

>Extension Color: background color

Vertical Crop

>Canvas Size

>Width: 2000 pixels

>Horizontal: center

>Extension Color: background color

If the images are larger than 2000/1778 all goes well and they come out like this (Black border only used to distinguish it from background):

M52139_400_102_01007_1 copy.jpgE230400_004_02173 copy.jpg

if they are smaller they come out like this (Black border only used to distinguish it from background):

A287057_002_01004_1 copy.jpgA287057_003_01004_2 copy.jpg

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need script.

Trim, Fit Image, Crop, conditions based on document orientation... all of these is in Photoshop CC.

Try Actions panel.

Create actions in Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of those and put them in place in my action. The part where I'm having the most trouble I guess is the resizing of the canvas. I need it to fit a canvas ratio (not exact dimensions) of 2000x1778 and I can't seem to make that work using actions which is why I thought it might need a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, in this case will be script probably required. I don't have Idea how to do it without script.

1) install script listener Installing Script Listener on Photoshop CC 2014

2) do actions same as you would record it

3) look into dektop... there should be script listener.log

4) open extend script toolkit program

5) paste the code inside

6) conect with photoshop

7) get document size from the middle your code something like: var width = app.active.document.something.something

8) do some calcualtions according image orientation

9) send these numbers into crop function

10) save script if this works good for single image

11) open batch dialog in PS

12) assign your script to the batch

13) run batch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll do my best. I've never worked with scripts before but any nudge in the right direction is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe a very simple action will do what you want. The action can be batch with the Image Processor Pro script to save any image file types you want where you want.  The Action will do the trim you want, Fit Image script will fit the trimmed image to a canvas  that is one pixel narrower and one pixel shorter then you want.  The Action I recorded will size up very small products images.  Then Canvas Size will add white pixels to make the image have the canvas size you want. I also added a flatten in case you edited the product image and saved it as a layered PSD. My Action os a portrait orintation I miss read your appebd I always writ with first the height.

Capture.jpg

So I edited the two action steps to fix that problem.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines