• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Adjusting Wacom Settings for Use with Photoshop CC 2020

Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Wacom Intuous Art Pen & Touch tablet that's been gathering dust and I've decided to use it with Photoshop CC 2020. I have no idea if this is a Wacom or a Photoshop issue so I'm hoping to post something in multiple locations in hopes of figuring it out.

Since I'm working in Windows, I first have to disable Windows Ink because of course I do… And for that, I can visit this video by one Aaron Rutten from a year ago. I am pleased that this works and I'm able to use the pen and it'll behave properly with touch sensitivity.

Next, I wanted to set up my Wacom for retouching as recommended by Unmesh at PIXImperfect (truth be told, he's who convinced me I need to get use this to improve my workflow). His video is teriffic… or, it was until I tried to execute his instructions found at around 4:30 of is How to Set Up a Wacom Tablet for Retouching video.

I have altered my Wacom settings per his instructions (see screenshot below):

pen-error-1.jpg

However, I am not able to change the brush size or brush softness settings that he immediately demonstrates after that configuration. In fact, my on-screen brush freezes in places for the duration of my pen-press, not moving in any location or affecting any changes to the brush when I release.

I'm hoping that one or two of you Wacom-pros might identify something crucial I'm missing and I thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Thanks,

Matt Warren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Definitely do the things IT has prepared yourself all these years... uninstall driver. Download new driver. Reboot. Install New driver.

Works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Windows and Photoshop 2020 version 21.1.0 you need to use Windows INK with Photoshop and your Wacom tablet. Adobe broker Photoshop WinTab wacom pen support in the 21.1.0 update.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Thanks for your fast response. Per your instructions, I have reactivated Windows Ink (it was disabled via group policy when I installed the tablet a year ago). Photoshop does, indeed, work with the Wacom tablet through Ink. I have my touch sensitivity.

However, my main problem still remains. I cannot make the modification to the pen's button behavior as outlined in the PIXimperfect video above. I have peformed a restart, too, just to make sure that wasn't standing in the way of working. If you have any other thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely do the things IT has prepared yourself all these years... uninstall driver. Download new driver. Reboot. Install New driver.

Works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines