• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble finding file format plugin template or example

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using XP, Photoshop CS2, CS2 SDK, and VS .NET 2005.

I can find offered file format plugins, but they're compiled already. Can anyone point me toward a tutorial, sample or template for format plugins? Also, that chapter seems to be missing from the API guide (Photoshop API Guide.pdf that came with the SDK). It should be chapter 9, but it and chapter 6 are missing. Any idea why or where I can find the missing chapter?
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google should have helped. There are literally dozens of complete cross-platform source code (GPL) examples on my site.

As for the SDK problem... Adobe was fond of distributing a cut-down SDK. You need to apply for the "Advanced" SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, searching for "Photoshop File Format Plugin" with or without "sample", "example", or "template" returns a lot of results that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for. Usually they're about the JPEG2000 plugin or the format of a plugin, etc. Thanks for letting me know about the Advanced SDK, I'll look for that now and at your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching for Photoshop File Format Plugin source code puts my page first and second results. Drop me a line if you need any help. Most of the plugins there build on all six Photoshop platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2008 Apr 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe likes distributing a cut-down SDK. You need to apply for the "Advanced" SDK.Searching for "Photoshop File Format Plugin" with or without "sample", "example", or "template" returns a lot of results. They're about the JPEG2000 plugin or the format of a plugin, etc.But still you can go through google for more help.
Martin Fowl
| inkjet
cartridge
| data recovery
| data recovery |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the CS3 SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 SDK does not have any documentation/samples.

And strange thing - I have specified in my application that I need to write a format plugin and it was approved and I still cannot get a version of SDK with format plugin support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be SimpleFormat and documentation about the file format plug-in type. Do you not have PIFormat.h?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2008 Jun 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Andrey, you can still use older SDKs to do it, in order to target CS3.

As for examples, see link above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines