Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubles spanning an image over multiple panels in an Artboard

New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create an artboard for Instagram that seamlessly spans over multiple slides. I am using a template that I downloaded from a tutorial that I found. In the video I watched the person explainging does not have the same issue as me, so I'm trying to figure out what is happening on my end. When I bring in a photo or object I cannot get part of it to be on one panel and the other part to be on the next panel. I assume there is a setting that I am missing here, but I can't seem to figure it out. Below is the link to the tutorial I watched and I have also attached a screenshot of the issue im having.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu_E2rknfBc

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 10.44.00 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your screenshot, it appears that you have the Slice Tool selected.

I can't see from your screenshot if your various frames are actually separate artboards. Your Layers panel would show if they are separate artboards. You may have the Artboard names turned off via the View menu.

If you'd like to span an image across artboards, then I would recommend the following:

1. Create the artboards and position them so that the appear side by side (it looks like you may have them set up like that already)
  2. Place the image and position it so that it spans the artboards (it should appear above the artboards so that it's not actually on an artboard yet)
  3. Duplicate the image for as many artboards as you have (it looks like you have 5). To duplicate them, you can select the image, go to Layer > New > Layer Via Copy, Ctrl (Windows)/Command (macOS) + J, or go to the Layers panel menu and select Duplicate Layer...
  4. Drag each duplicate to each artboard. The artboard will show the portion of the image based on the initial placement of the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video is all about artboards, so I'm unsure where slices come into it.

Slices and Export > Save for Web (Legacy) have limitations. Alternatives are mentioned here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/save-for-web-legacy-limitation-workar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what your layers looks like but in that tutorial there is one master layer at the top which you should put your artwork into, this will allow you to span the full breadth of the composition. 

If you try to put artwork into any of the artboards making up the horizontal tiles, you will be limited to whichever tile you put your artwork in. 

If you can screenshot your screen with layers that might be easier for someone to help with the issue further.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you really want to span panels, I wouldn't use artboards, but just a group with masks. Sometimes, artboards makes things more complicated. I never use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines