• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to add a gloss, or shine effect to text on a pic.

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I'm editing pics of cards of my collection that I've been scanning. Now the scanner doesn't pick up metallic part. It just shows black so I'm editing on top, and changing the color which is fine, but does anyone know of a way that I can add a shine, or glossy metallic look to the color?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find something like that in the Styles panel. To get to see chrome and metallic styles (totally tweakable - just a good start for the work) - go to the drop down menu for the styles panel ("hamburger" icon - stacked lines in upper right of the panel) and choose to add "Legacy Styles and More".

Also, if you google free photoshop styles, you'll find a zillion you can load into that panel, using the Import Styles option.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a good start, but how do I apply that style I like to an image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines