• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to import video"Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document"

Explorer ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import a video into Photoshop CS6 I get the error: "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document".

I have tried multiple formats with no luck. 

I was able to improt it into Photoshop CS5 by dragging and dropping.

Im using Photoshop CS 6 64bit, have tried 32bit with no luck

If I try to drag and drop it, I get this error: could not place the document. Because no parser or file format can open the file. 

I have tried opening a .mov, and a .avi file. I thought it might be a codec thing but why can cs5 open it but not cs6?

I noticed other posts with the same issue but they did not get resolved.  Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Josh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only lately encountered this problem in CC2016 - even with videos that I have made in photoshop and I know I have "disassembled" in photoshop before.

I think it may be related to the fact that I have signed out of adobe CC and disabled the launch of the adobe update, etc... because I was sick of the constant connection and updates - the adobe manager is updating a large amount as I type this, so I will report whether or not the fact that I was signed out / "temporarily unlicensed or updated" has fixed the issue.

This has only been happening since my monthyl subscription to adobe CC suite has increased in cost, so perhaps my renewal of annual license has not registered in the software...

However - since I have just upated the CC software and the like, I now get several problems... ugh. "cannot load welcome screen as extension is not available" and "there is a problem with generator, please exit photoshop and contact support if the problem persists"...

Sigh...

The video will not import - I will uninstall all adobe suite that I have on the machine and reinstall it again.

Must say - for the years I was using an xforce copy of adobe softwares, I never had any problems - it is only in the past few years that I have been paying for it that I have had problems such as these...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7.

I am not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am under quite a bit of pressure right now, I am a little stressed out...

I'm about [----] this far from cancelling my subscription and using PainterX's crack, and simply sourcing updates manually from the many places they are stored online, "unofficially".

The forum here keeps telling me I have a notification from a topic I replied to several months ago, no matter how many times I clear it.

Perhaps this is getting to the point where I say goodbye to Adobe and hello to the old familiar chiptune:
Universal Adobe Patcher Music EXTENDED - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

After uninstalling ALL adobe software from my machine, ran CCleaner, removed all adobe registry entries and preferences and redownloading it - the import now works as I now have the latest version of photoshop CC with the horrible start menu(!) and harder edged interface design.

I've lost all my custom actions, presets, will have to install a buch of stuff again and idk if I can even remember how I made those actions exactly...

BUT! at least it is working.

This issue must have be related to the software not being updated to the latest version.

Thanks for nothing, you were very close to losing a customer to piracy because of the fact that the CC updater was failing so hard.

I've never had this inconvenience using any software, other than the adobe products I pay for every month and will never "own".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all my brushes... gone... ugh.

I don't like you any more, Adobe. You're a necessary evil for my trade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps, the new toolbar icons in photoshop look also look terrible compared to the ones you were using previously - where are the divide lines?

You're not doing yourselves any favours - I will not be recommending photoshop to anyone. I just won't say a thing.

And I'm STILL getting an update in these forums for a thread that was closed months ago!!!!

AAGGGHHH!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new interface is not nice looking at all - rounded buttons for everything? really..?

What are you doing?
Have you lost your minds?

You used to be the best, and now I am finding myself getting angry instead of anything else.

I will shut up now, because I have nothing good to say about any of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry - it does work a lot smoother. I just dislike the new interface design as it doesn't look nice to me. The software is more reponsive...

I'm not as stressed any more.

Apologies for venting, but it's not as if anyone will read this anyway in my experience with adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Extensions : MP4, MP3, 3GP, WebM, Flv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines