• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to put a frame around a photo in photoshp 7.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I've spent hours trying to put a frame around a nice photo in photoshop 7. I have looked at tutorials with limited success. I have tried to download frames from google, there are many but I save  the image and when I try to upload it into photoshop it includes the white background of the frame. I can't just drag the frame by itself. Anyone can help would be good, thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Press Ctrl+T to enter transform mode, press the Alt key and scroll with the mouse wheel to make your picture smaller until you see the Transform Bounding Box. Then press the Shift key and move one of the corner handles inward to reduce the frame size.

Screenshot-(887).jpg

Screenshot-(888).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve747 wrote:

Hello Jane. I went to the website you suggested and I'm sending a screenshot. 

My colleague Leslie suggested the website. I asked you to tell us what you tried that didn't work.

@Leslie Moak Murray wrote:

You can download free picture frames on various sites. Here's one ...

https://everyhdwallpapers.blogspot.com/2015/09/photoshop-frames-wallpapers-free.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the screenshot, as I mentioned I can't just take the frame off the white background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice frame.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve747 

Both of your screenshots show the image in your web browser. Is that where you are trying (and failing) to remove the white background? You will need to save it and open it in Photoshop first, then try again.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the same frame in photshop. I clicked save as and I still can't get rid of the white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download it as a .png originally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. He ie sanother screenshot from the website you suggested. I can't download any of thos frames, only seem to abale to copy themrose frame.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I went back to my link, where I found the frame below which as you can see, is isolated on a transparent background, and looked at most of the others which seem not to be. I can't tell. But then I tried adding "free png" to my search and got better results.

ADOBE-FORUM-FRAME.jpg

Try this site: https://www.freeiconspng.com/img/24574 

Here's a screenshot of their site, which as you can see does show many with transparent backgrounds:

ADPBE-FORUM-FRAMES-PNG.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I went to the website and saw what seems to be the transparent background and I downloaded then opened photoshop and I'm haveing the same problem in which I can't move the frame from the backgroundUntitled0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in ps 7 you go to Edit>Preferences>Transparency & Gamut, what are the Transparency Settings?

Screenshot-(882).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. here are the preferences settings. This is becoming frustrating. It must be simple to separate a frame. I want to put it around a nice photo I have in a folderpreferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I posted the last message message I was able to go to preference and transparency and I managed to change the background so now I can move the frame. I opend up the photo and put it next the frame. So now I have to move the frame around the photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the Grid Size to Medium, click OK and you should see the checkerboard transparency.

Screenshot-(883).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I was able to see the checkerboard transparency.and changed the setting then I can move the frame. So how to I place over a picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the documents side by side, select the Move Tool and click and drag on the frame over to

the photo and release the mouse.

Screenshot-(886).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm having some success here. I managed to move the frame onto the photo side by side but the frame is way bigger than the photo. How do I resize the frame to fit perfectly to the photo then save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Ctrl+T to enter transform mode, press the Alt key and scroll with the mouse wheel to make your picture smaller until you see the Transform Bounding Box. Then press the Shift key and move one of the corner handles inward to reduce the frame size.

Screenshot-(887).jpg

Screenshot-(888).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost there. In the image above on the left, the flowers are actually inside the photo. When I moved the frame using the keypad buttons the flowers disappeared outside the edge of the photo. Is there a fix for this? Also I clicked on apply to finish it and an error popped up saying Could no complete your request because of a program error. Any ideas on that one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems my post went missing. I'm sending a screenshot of the actual frame with myself and partner blacked out. Can someone show me how to get rid of the black areas outside the frame so it looks like a nice frame. Thanksblacked out frame.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is short screen recording:

1. Go to Window>Layers so you can see the Layers palette

2. Click on the Frame layer in the Layers palette

3. Select the Magic Wand Tool

4. Click inside the Frame to make a selection of the area inside the Frame

5. Click on the Photo layer in the Layers palette

6. Click on the Add Layer Mask button at the bottom of the Layers palette

(that should hide everything outside the frame)

ps7.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. Thanks for the screen view. When I clicked on layer at the top then new layer the only things available in the drop down box is layer from background and layer set and layer via copy. It doesn't say anywhere layer pallette and when I tried to move the frame that you demonstrated on it says layer is locked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines