• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning off appending "copy" with Save As does not work

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop's File Handling preferences, checking Enable legacy "Save As" grays out Do not append "copy" to filename when saving a copy. I still get "copy" appeneded to the file name. This is NOT legacy "Save As"! Checking "Do not append "copy" to filename when saving a copy" does not work either. How can I stop this terrible behavior in Photoshop 23.0.1?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance restarting Photoshop helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I had my 2019 iMac wiped with a fresh install of MacOS Big Sur a couple weeks ago, and all the applications were freshly installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't hurt may fix this: Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Evidently, this is a bug and as such, there is no fix. I would suggest that Adobe should have made this "feature" off by default, with the option to turn it on. Appending "copy" to a filename seems to me something an amateur would do - and Photoshop is professional software,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines