• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning off opacity when using the CTRL+OPT drag brush shortcut?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off the opacity when using the CTRL+OPT drag brush shortcut?

Or change it to hardness/size instead?

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the Opacity drag up or down.

To change the Hardness instead of Opacity go to Photoshop>Preferences (Settings)>Tools and check Vary Round Brush Hardness based on HUD vertical movement.

opa.png

Keep in mind that the hardness will only be adjusted on Round brushes like in the Default General Brushes, otherwise the Opacity will be adjusted for all other brushes,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, and welcome, @alicec28783373  the Heads Up Display works differently for round brushes and others: by default, the vertical movement changes opacity on non-round brushes; and for round bruhes, you adjust the hardness with a vertical movement. you can change the setting in Photoshop>Preferences>Tools by unchecking "Vary Round Brush Hardness based on HUD Vertical Movement"

I hope this answers your question!

(oops, I open several tabs before answering them, looks like Jeff was faster, but fortunately, we posted the same!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines