• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tutorial Get to Know Layers Not Working

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the tutorial entitled "Get to Know Layers", the tutorial freezes after I complete the task to "Transform" the flamingo in the image. It keeps saying "Complete the current task before proceeding", even though I did complete the task, and the "Next" button is grayed out, and I get stuck. I have to "End Task" Photoshop in the Windows Task Mnager to get out of that.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.2, which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem.

To update Photoshop to 25.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this, we'll look at it.

In the meanwhile to continue tutorial, drag the top right corner of the box around flamingo to make it a little bigger. Then press Enter to complete resizing. 

-also if the problem with tutorals happens again or in other places, you don't need to quit Photoshop to get out of this state. In Discover panel, you can click on Exit button on the top which would close tutorial (but still leave Photoshop open), or Restart Tutorial button at the button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - this is still a problem.  I was able to get past this step following the directions below exactly, but I did this tutoial and restarted it numerous times and only when I barely resized the flamingo layer and pressed enter did the tutorial give the option to move on.  Considering this is only the second beginner tutorial in sequence its a bad customer experience for an expensive product.  There should be an option to move to the next step at any time even if the software doesn't recognize the step was completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.2, which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem.

To update Photoshop to 25.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as of 10/4/2024, im still seeing this issue, maybe im doing something wrong, but I dont think I am?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines