• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to capture startup and shutdown event of Photoshop in automation Plugin.

Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2012 Mar 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating an automation plugin and I want to register some events. I have seen listener plugin sample to register event in startup and unregister event in shutdown. I have used same code in my plugin but I am unable to capture the startup nad shutdown event of Photoshop. On clicking the menu item of my plugin the calls come inside the AutoPluginMain but during the startup or shutdown of plugin, the calls does not come inside the AutoPluginMain.

I am unable to detect the cause of the problem. Can someone please giude me??

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to check your PIPL settings; for what you are trying to do the plugin should be persistent. I would suggest copying the Listener's PIPL as is and go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful if you make your plugin persistent and start capturing events - - you don't want to slow the launch of Photoshop or slow down user work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I also checked my PiPL settings and few things were missing but I added the code to make it persistent.I also, copied the Listner's PiPL but was not able to achieve the result.

Can you please guide me,if am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on windows? The PiPL changes sometimes need a nudge. Right click on .r and compile. Right click on .rc and compile. Build plug-in. Also make sure your plug-in is in the correct location for Photoshop. You can also force Photoshop into a rescan by holding down the Ctrl-Alt(Opt)-Shift keys (that is three keys) during launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I am working on Windows. As you suggested, I compiled .rc file but the compile option for .r file was disabled. After compiling the .rc file, I again rebuild the complete project and tested my build. But still I was not able to achive the desired result.

Any other thing that I need to do to make it work?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you are missing a custom build step for your .r file. Open up a working example and copy over the custom build step from a .r file that will compile for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines