Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to copy/paste from photoshop to illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am unable to copy/cut then paste shapes, vector images, and raster images from Photoshop to Illustrator. However, I have no problem copy/pasting from Illustrator to Photoshop.

The export clipboard preference is enabled in Photoshop. 

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your experience, maybe if you try to reset the preferences will work, here are the instructions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem even after resetting all preferences on both applications. Did you ever find the solution to this problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pasting pixel images into vector oriented applications is, in my opinion, an imprudent approach. 

What exactly are you copying (selected area, Layer, paths, …)? 

Could you please post screenshots from both programs with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am copying the full layer into illustrator. I was hoping to "paint" around the image. I am more comfortable using illustrator and vectors than working in photoshop. That is why I am trying to copy it over into a new canvas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My recommendation: Just don’t do such a thing! (Edit: Meaning pasting pixel content in Illustrator instead of properly placing it.) 

Place the image propely, that way it exists as a file of its own and can be edited in Photoshop further if necessary without having to unembed. 

If you insist on this approach have you tried Select All (cmd-A), then copying (cmd-C)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines