• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Crop an Image

Engaged ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been successfully cropping my images on PS v. 24.5.0 for many days. Now I have an image in which the crop option is disabled, both in DNG, PSD and JPF formats. I have no clue as to what is going on.

Earlier I needed to resize an image to make it smaller, but PS appeard to have left the canvas at the original size. When I tried resizing the canvas, it turned green and became larger!

Any ideas appreciated.

Best, jwc

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Finally I have just rediscovered the 'Crop' tool in the PS toolbar, and now, all is well!! ...  Sorry to have bothered all of you with this ...

Best, jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried resizing the canvas, it turned green and became larger!

By @Jack

Did you make it angry?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a full res screen shot of your workspace showing layers panel and image?  

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show me how to display the layers panel of my image. Web search has been unhelpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop there is a MENU item called  "Windows"- Try it and see. You might find "Layers" in that menu.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unsuccessful in pasting a screenshot into a 'reply' message. Not sure why ... Wondering ifwe would be able to proceed via some other workflow? Perhaps you can somehow guide me as to what to look for in the 'Layers' panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have the 'Layer' panel open in the 'Window' menu item for oone of my images in PS. All that I can see is the 'Baclground' layer. I do see an otption to create a new layer [??] ... Will that wllow me to crop/resize the image? nWhat other actions shall I look for, or take??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally I have just rediscovered the 'Crop' tool in the PS toolbar, and now, all is well!! ...  Sorry to have bothered all of you with this ...

Best, jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines