Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to drag and drop

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to drag and drop the files (even .psd) into CS6 beta from my folder. Any solution for that? Please let me know. My OS is windows 7 U 64 bit.

Thanks,

Ramnath.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, to solve it, don't run Photoshop as Administrator. Unable this box when you right click on the icon propertie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I Am Having the same exact problem but i actually figured it out! I Will Make a video on it so you can see how to but it will still have the Circle with the cross but you will be able to drag anything back into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had have win 8 64 with same  issue  Aftereffects  cs6 no drag / drop.  However  after reading some post it seem the problem  is user set with Admin security.   I created  a second USER ID w/o Admin properties  and all drag/ drop works fine.  You can set file share folder for new id

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me ...

Go to Start > Run > then type:  regedit     (then press enter).

The windows registry editor will now open.

You now need to follow this route through the registry editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System

Then Find this Key EnableLUA, Double Click on it and change the Value data from 1 to 0.

After pressing OK you’ll notice in the task bar a message pops up saying UAC is now disabled and a restart is required.

After the restart everything will run as it did on Windows 7,  Ensure you’ve untagged “Run as Administrator” on your app shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pouze tato úprava registrů vyřešila můj problém. Velmi děkuji.
Only this registry edit solved my problem. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running Photoshop as administrator, Try running Bridge as administrator as well. You will be able to drag and drop from Bridge into Photoshop since they are both elevated to administrator rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happend to me also ,I use to drag pictures to photoshop before, that's when I was using window 7 but after changing my computer which is now using window 8.1 I found it difficult to drag pictures into photoshop .......what I did was this............. right click on photoshop icon on your desktop,  the go to PROPERTY,  then COMPATIBILITY, then go to COMPATIBILITY MODE, then mark the program to run in compatibility mode,  in the flyout below I choosed Windows 8.......and press ok..... I tried it again and it works..... thanks......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution is to right-click the shortcut for Photoshop CC and click "OPEN" - this will allow drag-and-drop. Not sure why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed mine by not running as administrator. Adobe support enabled that on a call earlier, and it messed things up. Way to go, counter help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, do you have any solution about your problem? i can't use drag and drop or place anything to my work area in my ps cc 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, i got it working.

Apparently after browsing the web i narrowed it down to this.

The issue is, or atleast mine was that i ran photoshop as admin.

And on windows 10 i was dragging files from folders onto photoshop and this used to work, but not anymore.

The problem is explorer.exe not to be confused with iexplorer.exe, if i right clicked explorer.exe and under the security tab:
I found that only TrustedInstaller had full control, i changed the "Owner" to admin -> me. Then i could change the admin/MyUser rights to full control, i rebooted and voila. Works!

I had to look alot to find a fix that doesnt mess with UAC and your windows apps.

This worked for me, as the problem was that you cant drag and drop files from a program with lower user rights than the program you drop em´ into.

Hope this helps you getting back to your old workflow.

Sincerely, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you! Only this worked! It was explorer.exe issue thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for figuring this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disable the "skip transform when placing" under Edit > Preferences > General >
Works for me. Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines