• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export a transparent GIF "An unknown error has occured"

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a very quick animation in After Effects with a transparent background.
(1920 x 1080 px, Frame Rate 29.97, 4 seconds long)
I exported it in the Render queue using Quicktime (fomat settings video codec animation) and channels RBG + Alpha. 
It exported just fine with the transparent background, however my client can't use MOV file types in their video editing software, so I tried to change it into a Gif in Photoshop CC 2019.

No matter the frame rate or the px size of the file, I always get the same error message when I try to export < save for web (legacy). I'm really not to sure what I'm doing wrong. I've followed advice in this forum and video tutorials online. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know, I've been trying to sort this out for days now 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! did you solved it? The same is happening to me. Same message, the weirdiest thing is that I'm making a series of animations and I had not problem with the previous ones, and if I get those mov files again, I can use the "Save for Web (Legacy)" and create the animated gif, but not with anything new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up generating it on Media Encoder successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines