• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to find Frame tool in Photoshop CC 2018 (version 19.1.8)

Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.8 20190226.r.442 2019/02/26: 1205701  x64

Today i came across this new feature called frame tool introduced in the new version of photoshop. Even after investing 2 hours to find it, I am unable to figure it out. Not even the Key(K) would respond.

Any idea what the issue may be.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

The Frame tool was added in CC 2019 Photoshop version 20 and it has issues because it uses Place.... I removed for from my tool bar and disabled its K shortcut..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akriti,

As you're looking for the Frame Tool, try pressing the letter K.

You can also find it on the Toolbar

select-frame-tool-photoshopcc2019.png

It's the tool that looks like a box with an X through it. Click on it to select it.

If you do not see it on the Toolbar, then try resetting the Toolbar back to default. Please have a look at this article for steps: Tools missing from the toolbar Photoshop CC 2015

Also, I see that you're using an older version of Photoshop, you should update to the latest version which is 20.0.4 via the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response. I tried doing both the methods (resetting the workspace and using shortcut K). But, unfortunately, none worked for me. I in fact even updated my photoshop version. I am guessing this may be because the feature is available only in v 20.0 and above and I am on version 19.1.8 (getting deferred version may because of being an internal Adobe user)

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Frame tool was added in CC 2019 Photoshop version 20 and it has issues because it uses Place.... I removed for from my tool bar and disabled its K shortcut..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Photoshop CC 2018. Tried pressing the K just like what everyone said, but nothing appears. I feel like there is no frame tool unless anyone can enlighten me if there is a way to find it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JJMack posted: 

»The Frame tool was added in CC 2019 Photoshop version 20«

Working with obsolete Photoshop versions can naturally be a legitimate choice, but one should not expect them to contain the features of newer versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines