• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Nudge by Holding Arrow Keys

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still a relative newbie to PS, so forgive me if there is a simple solution to my issue, but I have recently upgraded to 24.0.1 and have noticed that I am no longer able to nudge layers by pressing and holding the arrow keys. Previously, I would hold the Arrow (or Shift + Arrow) to move things rapidly; now I find I have to repeatedly hit the Arrow key to do the same. Is this a problem anyone else is experiencing, and how can I correct it? 

I am using a Macbook Pro, if that helps. Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

If the difference is between holding a key down once and having to press it repeatedly, see if it helps to check the key repeat setting in macOS settings:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-how-quickly-a-key-repeats-mchl0311bdb4/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences/Tools and uncheck "Spring Loaded Tool Shortcuts". Does that make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not, thank you though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things -

1. Are you on the Move tool when using your arrow or shift+arrow keys to move?

2. If you are and it's still not responding try resetting your PS preferences (Preferences/General - click the reset button).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am definitely on the Move tool (I promise this was the first thing I checked, and I double-checked just now). And I have done the reset and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac OS are you on? Ventura?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Venture 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the difference is between holding a key down once and having to press it repeatedly, see if it helps to check the key repeat setting in macOS settings:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-how-quickly-a-key-repeats-mchl0311bdb4/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget you can also add shift with your arrow keys to nudge 10 pixels at a time. I find if I hold down the arrow keys it goes a little crazy and there is a lag so when I let up it keeps going and going....

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've definitely experienced this before. Thank goodness for the undo function 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alternate Fix: I found that I was in "3D" workspace which doesn't support nudging. Changing it back to "Essentials" enables nudging again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines