• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save a GIF from Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to convert a video into a gif on Photoshop. However, when I go to save for web > export as gif and click save, I receive an error message that the operation cannot be completed due to memory. I have 50GB of storage available on my Mac, and 1.5 TB of storage available on an External Hard Drive. I have tried exporting to both my hard drive and straight to my desktop. 

I am on Photoshop v23.2.1

On macOS Monterey 12.2.1

My computer - 

13" Macbook Pro 2019

1.4 GHz

8 GB memory 

I have read previous threads regarding this issue, but have not seen any from 2022 or using this latest version of Photoshop.

These are the fixes I have tried that have been recommended -

-Restarting Photoshop

-Resetting Photoshop preferences

-Giving Photoshop additional access in the system prefrences on my mac (under privacy & accessibility)

If there are any other possible solutions to this, please let me know. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Go to Photoshop- Prefrences - Image Processing and change it to "Cloud" and "More Stable"

Restart photoshop and try again. Its the only thing that has worked for me when nothing else did but I was finally able to export a GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I try that and it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What website did you use? I'm having the same issue and have tried everything, have more than half my memory free, and still getting the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u are amazing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this helps but I was having the same problem and once I reduced the video frame rate I was able to export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the suggestions in here are worthwhile but how I ended up doing it was clicking the little stack layer icon in the timeline so my animation became instead of single frames to stacked video frames and then hey presto! finally it very quickly exported to web as an animated gif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you have a screenshot of the stack layer icon? I can't seem to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stack.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines