• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save file as JPEG!

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the release of PS version 23.3.1 I'm now unable to save files as JPEG?  Every time I try the program becomes unresponsive and then crashes.  Can someone please help me as I'm a new user of 4 months and have had no problems before.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?
How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Try Save a Copy

If that doesn't work try resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences (then close and reopen the application).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek thank you for replying.  My OS is Windows 11 Home and I have near 43GB of disk space and I have 4GB RAM.  It's frutrating as I've not encountered a problem before the new version.  To answer the 'try save a copy' this is what I have done previously to save as a JPEG file.  I'll have a go at resetting the PS preferences now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to upgrade to at least 16GB of RAM and a bit more spare disk space would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and will certainly do that if it will help, but that still doesn't explain why I've had no problems until this new version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent versions need more resources – you're on the absolute minimum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With only 4GB of RAM you're lucky you can do anything in Photoshop, I have one document opened with about 20 layer and Photoshop is using over 4GB of RAM

2022-05-01 12_54_43-Task Manager.png

My system is currently using over 13GB of RAM with just a few apps opened

2022-05-01 12_57_29-Unable to save file as JPEG! - Adobe Support Community - 12915653 — Mozilla Fire.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for taking the time to answer my query, I'm going to definately sort the RAM issue, might just get a better laptop to be honest.  I started PS on an basic one and as I'd not had problems till today, I thought it might have been a simple thing that I might have missed.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try resetting your Photoshop preferences

2022-05-01 13_29_17-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on your Photoshop skills have a look at the online video training tutorials at LinkedIn Learning – you can get 30-days free access.

And of course, return to this friendly forum to seek help with particular problems.

Have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines