• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save files using "Save As" option in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was working on a rather important project and I was ready to save the file like any other time. However, when I went to 'file', scrolled down to 'save as' and clicked it, nothing popped up like it would normally. I have previesly saved a file before on Photoshop 2020 with no issues until yesterday and today. Anyway I can try to fix that? Not being able to save my work is a little frustrating. 

(I use windows 10)

Thank you in advance!

(EDIT: I can't save anything, no matter the file.

EDIT 2: I've also found out I can't open a new file anymore.)

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Uninstall it and then reinstall Adobe Photoshop 2020. I'm sure it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can create new document but can't save & save as my file
tried so many time to reintall PS 2020,still fail!!WHY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question for anyone who has experienced this problem: Do you use FontExplorer X for font management?

This problem appeared on the older one of my two computers (both iMacs), in PS 2019, only after I "updated" FEX from 7 to 7.2 (High Sierra 10.13.6, yes, still, for reasons irrelevant here).

A newer computer, running Catalina OS, has only ever had FEX 7.25 installed, and I have run into the won't-save or save-as issue in PS 2019 on it a number of times—and I had tried all the "fixes" in this thead to no avail. I was relying on the older computer for most of my graphic work since I hadn't encountered the issue there. Until now.

May be no correlation, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else having the problem is using FEX, or some other font management tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the exact same thing! Someone help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is going on? Can not create new files or save existing open files. Have tried uninstall. No avail. AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here super agrivating. Is there a fix I tried all the troubleshhoting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened in 2019 version and it worked, that has been my only success with this issue. At least I could keep working on the file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having issues creating a new file and saving a file. Neither "save" or "save as" worked with a new file. 
I reverted back to version 21.2.7 and now it's working again for me, in case this helps anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to have to try this. I can't save my work as JPEG, PNG, or any other file anymore. Just stopped allowing me to save my stuff as JPEGs all of a sudden lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultt8muxng9vkm0 What you are seeing is a different issue to that in the thread above.

Since 22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy command. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've locked this old thread as the answers are not relevant to the designed changes that some users are now querying since 22.4

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines