• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to select layers with selection tool to edit.

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing the same document for a few weeks. I have always been able to use the selection tool to select and then edit layers. For some reason I am now unable to select anything. I can turn layers on or off by using the layer menu on the lower right but can't select anything in the documents itself to then resize or duplicate. HELP!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you accidentally turned off Auto-Select in the Options bar running along the top of Photoshop when using the Move Tool. You can temporarily activate this option by holding down the Command/Control key.

auto-select.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To select layer for editing click on it in the Layers panel or turn on Auto Select fot the Move tool as previously explained by @Michael Bullo 

click on layer to select it.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines