• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to turn off new proportional scaling

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to revert to the legacy transform behavior in photoshop. I have found how to turn it off here but I can not find the folder to place the plain text file.

I have a MacBook and this folder sequence does not appear on my computer.

//Users/[User Name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings/

I have attached a few screenshots to show my folder system.

Am I simply looking in the wrong place?

Users.pngLibrary.png

Library2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

You are trying to place PSUserConfig.txt into your Mac's System directory. It needs to go in your Home directory.

Some files and folders are hidden by default to protect the users. To open it in the Finder, first use the Go > Go to Folder command and copy/paste this path:  ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings/  into the dialog like so.

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 8.32.02 PM.png

~/ is your Home directory.

When you click on the Go button, the CC 2019 Finder Window will open and you can drop the PSUserConfig.txt right into th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Photoshop 20.0.6 now includes a setting in the Preferences so users don't have tio worry about making a PSUserConfig.txt file.

Look under Photoshop CC>Preferences>General (mac) or Edit>Preferences>Genertal (windows) and check Use Legacy Free Transform.

ltr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know right they literally took like 20 years to fix this. they should have done that back in 1995 lol and now it's super annoying to relearn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add my voice to the chorus.  Switching to proportional cropping, particularly without having a simple and obvious way to use freehand cropping instead when you need it, was a really, really, really, really bad idea!  And having to play with a config file to turn the !@#$% thing off . Come on guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to see there's a re-solve for Adobe engineers "solving" problems users don't have – like scaling working consistently across all Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so i didn't read all the comments but based on what i read - there is no fix for this unless you downgrade but I figured out holding the SHIFT key while scaling does what it used to do when you didn't hold the shift key so looks like i'll just have to relearn all these new shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 20.0.6 now includes a setting in the Preferences so users don't have tio worry about making a PSUserConfig.txt file.

Look under Photoshop CC>Preferences>General (mac) or Edit>Preferences>Genertal (windows) and check Use Legacy Free Transform.

ltr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines