• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to turn off printer colour management

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am printing on an Epson PRO 3800 with Photoshop CC 2019 on an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.4.

The problem: I want to use a specific paper profile, and print under  "Photoshop Manages Colours". However, when I select this option in the Color Management panel on the right, I get a triangular alert symbol and the reminder "Remember to disable the printer's color management in the print settings dialog box". When I then go to Print Settings>Color Matching, "ColorSync" is marked selected, but both choices are greyed out. In the Print Settings>Basic panel, both the "Color" dropdown menu choices and the "Color Settings" dropdown menu choices are greyed out. In other words, it doesn't look as though I can actually disable printer colour management at all.

An Adobe assistant I consulted ending up saying, rather unconvincingly, that it shouldn't make any difference, but that has to be flat wrong; I confirmed this by making a test print which was way off.

Any help very gratefully received.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

abraxas2000  wrote

Further to the above: When I first try to print an image, after selecting "Photoshop Manages Colors" and selecting a printer profile, I get a warning box which says:

No Color Management is not supported

It appears that you are attempting to print without color management.

This method of printing from Photoshop is not supported.

Please use Adobe Color Printer Utility if you need to print with No Color Management.

I have no ides what this is all about; I haven't specified "no color ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

D Fosse is totally correct & succinctly puts it.

Just to underline what's been said: you never need to change the Document Profile in Photoshop: it's sRGB or Adobe RGB or ProPhoto. The one thing I personally think that could have a better name is "Document Profile". I think Adobe should call it a Digital Profile. The word Document is all too easily read as pertaining to a document, as in a paper document, hence the confusion with Paper Profiles / ICC profiles. A Digital Profile to me would read m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all, and particularly to Alan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help Abraxas2000! Keep asking if you need further info.

All best with your printing. Hope you get more consistent results soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines