• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undocked document window resizes when switching between tabs in PS 2023

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2023 is resizing undocked document windows when you switch between tabs on that window. This is infuriating because when you are using undocked windows, you often have other things open on the screen that you dont want obstructed. Additionally, it doesnt remember the window size when you go back to a tab that you previously resized. So if you are going between tabs frequently, you have to constantly resize the undocked window. Its ridiculous.

1. Undock a photoshop document.
  2. Add multiple other open documents to the undocked window so that you have a few tabs
  3. Switch between the tabs and watch the window size change

Expected result: Window size should remain whatever size you resize it to (this is the behavior in every version I have used before 2023)

Actual Result:  Photoshop resizes it to fit the size of the document open on whatever tab you click on

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that's what causes the problem, but can you check those options shown on my screenshot?
(window>arrange)

Imaginerie_0-1677598283511.png

(all the match options)

sometimes they get activated/deactivated if you update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you no reproduce the problem described in my issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not right now, but it did happen to me in the past. That's why I said I wasn't sure it would solve a problem, just offering a possible remedy.
Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped me, thanks! It still resizes a teeny bit, but so much better than before. If I open a new file after doing this, it still does resize that particular tab, but the others will remain the size that I resized it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same: I hate it. switching between tabs is a pain. Opening a new tab with a smal image completely resizes the window... This must be a bug right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Whenever switching from another app to Photoshop, the window gets resized beyond the bounds of my viewport. Same thing happens whenever I zoom.

I tried:

- Window > Application Frame toggle
- Window > Arrange > Match All
- Preferences > Tools > Turn off Zoom Resizes Windows

Nothing works. Very annoying bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only thing that worked is to manually size the window using the mouse and window handlebars. Then this gets remembered as the default window position and size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines