• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall a Photoshop that appears not installed in ACC

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mjust change the language of my Photoshop (Mac user) from portuguese to english. The instructions are simple, just click UNINSTALL on Adobe Creative Cloud app. But on the app Photoshop appears as not installed, I only can install it (as you can see in the picture, "INSTALAR", install in portuguese)! But, I assure you, it is installed and fully functional.  So I need instructions, is it ok simply install again? In this case, win't have a conflict between both versions? Thanks in advance.

Captura de Tela 2023-04-08 às 18.18.18.png

 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to uninstall it, you will have to change the language back to English first. Your installed app will then return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not "change back". It was installed inportuguese by default. To change to English, I must uninstall photoshop and install again. But it doesn't apoear on acc app list, as you can see in the pic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is on me - I mistyped 😓 My apologies! I meant "change the language back to Portuguese", not English... You should then see the installed app again and can uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but it doesn't make sense for me. Perhaps due to my poor English. I have one photoshop installed in portuguese. The acc app doesn't recognize it, so I can't uninstall to install again in English, as Adobe teaches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries 🙂 An example: My default install language is set to German in the Preferences of the Creative Cloud desktop app. If I change it to any other language, my already installed app(s) will vanish from it as well - just like in your case. I agree this is confusing, but I suppose it's simply a limitation in how the Creative Cloud desktop app works.

You just have to switch back to Portuguese and Photoshop will reappear/show up as "Installed". Uninstall Photoshop, switch the language back to English and you should now be able to install the English version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can not " disappear". It is not there!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines