• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall PS 2021 (once 2022 has been installed)?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got forced into upgrading to Monterey (thanks to an absolute dunce at Apple Support). And my Photoshop software started going all wonky. I ended up installing the new version of PS (which is branded by the year 2022), and things have settled down. But I now have two separate Photoshop applications downloaded onto my HD (MacOS). In the enclosing folder for the older version (Photoshop 2021), can I simply use the Uninstaller? Or will that somehow affect the 2022 program? Should I just learn to live with both of them on my computer? (I really don't understand why the newer version didn't upgrade on-top-of the old one).

[Message from moderator: Do not add URLs/websites to your signature or your account will be banned]
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can open up Cereative Cloud App in applications,  and under "Installed" next to Photoshop you can click the three dots on right for More Options.

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 11.26.55 AM.png

Then you will see the various versions, and you can click to Uninstall the old version.
Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 11.26.44 AM.png

Hope that helps!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines