• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update messing with my workflow

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems every time after an update I have to setup from scratch and make a study of where functions went. Is there a way to create a workflow without it being disrupted by an update? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

You should not have to start over with every update. If you are, it’s possible that the Creative Cloud desktop app is being allowed to reset things. Make sure it is set to Import Previous Settings and Preferences, because if that option is disabled, it will wipe them for the version upgrade.

In the picture below, the top example is for a manual update (clicking the Update button for each app), and the bottom example is if you enabled Auto-Update in the Creative Cloud desktop app settings for A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have to start over with every update. If you are, it’s possible that the Creative Cloud desktop app is being allowed to reset things. Make sure it is set to Import Previous Settings and Preferences, because if that option is disabled, it will wipe them for the version upgrade.

In the picture below, the top example is for a manual update (clicking the Update button for each app), and the bottom example is if you enabled Auto-Update in the Creative Cloud desktop app settings for Apps.

Creative-Cloud-app-update-options.jpg

Also, if your panels are getting reset, save your preferred arrangement as a workspace so that you can restore it at any time. Arrange your panels and choose Window > Workspace > New Workspace, and after you name it, you can choose your workspace from that same Workspace submenu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the quick response and clear answer! That will save me a lot of
time. I indeed had the "previous settings" unchecked somehow. I will also
look into your second suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines