• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from CS4 to CS6

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do this?  Customer service has said that I must completely re-purchase Photoshop.  This is unacceptable.  I spent $700 on this program and I don't understand up an update costs another $700.  I've been a loyal customer since Photoshop 5 (I've had 5, 5.5, 7, CS2, CS4.) 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

From Jan 1, 2013, only CS5 owners can upgrade to CS6.

Everyone else must pay full price for CS6 or join the Creative Cloud.

Last year, there was a special offer from Adobe for CS3 and CS4 owners to upgrade to CS6 but that offer expired on Dec 31, 2012.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/faq/upgrade-policy.html

The upgrade net's been tightening for several years.

Until CS5, there was a "3 versions back" upgrade policy so CS2, CS3 & CS4 owners could upgrade to CS5.

With CS6, that was abruptly

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Creative Cloud subscription you can DOWNgrade to CS6 if you really want to run the old software. It's included with your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question similar to this post, I have CC 4 installed and updated that own, at the time of 2013 I paid for the upgrade. But I never upgraded, I still have my original key for CC 4. What is the upgrade process to CC 5 or 6. I honestly don't remember which upgrade I paid for, but I did pay for the upgrade, if I somehow found the upgrade software to 5 or 6 would it recognize the key that I have for CC 4 or do I have to find a different upgrade key somewhere. What is this process if it works still. I'd imagine I'm still entitled to the upgrade I paid for. I understand its too late to buy an upgrade but I have already bought it, I just never applied it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, you need to have the CS5 installer and serial number. If you don't, there's no way to get it now, 12 years later. That train left the station many years ago.

If you do have the CS5 installer, and you have CS4 installed now, you can run the CS5 installer and the CS5 upgrade serial number should be enough. If CS4 is no longer installed, you will be asked to provide the CS4 qualifying serial number during install.

No guarantees it will still work. CS4 is officially dead and can no longer be activated. CS5 is still alive, but just barely and on life support.

Just a word of warning: Pirated copies are all over the internet, and it's not difficult to find fake CS6 and probably CS5 copies too. Don't go there. They are not legal copies, and almost certainly contain malware. Legal copies/serial numbers are no longer available anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you talking about Creative Cloud (CC) or Creative Suite (CS)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines