• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to Mac Mini and Workspace is gone.

Advocate ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Upgraded to Mac Mini and Workspace it gone. Anyone know where to go find it?  (Probably have backups or..?)

Probably other things gone?  Have not checked but important Keyboard Shorcuts.... and... 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

There is some issue with the email notification system recently.

When you upgraded your computer - presets and preferences do not transfer with your your Adobe ID so they are not on your new physical machine.

Your missing stuff would be on your old machine - you'll need to copy it over to the new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will help with other presets such as brushes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

You can find the other items such as preferences and workspaces (if you saved a workspace, not a temp customization) here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin

1- did not receive email notifcation with our response, any idea why not?

2- Any idea why everything was annihilated by Adobe without my asking or permission? No other app seems to do this but ADobe

3- BEfore I dive into the very detailed (and very time consuming and very search hunting  intensive links you provided), can you in few words say where to fine my missing stuff? thanks.   I"m kind of old fashioned, always prefer just written prose versus long long form text pages with no clear answer.

PS nothing with you Kevin, doing fine job, just completley perplexed that it's 2022 and Adobe, is doing this... infuriating.... they spend trillion hours on ton features (many don't use at all..), , but this, I would like handled well!  Not having to search find, replace.... when/ if, can even figure out how to do that easter egg hunt, we are all tired of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some issue with the email notification system recently.

When you upgraded your computer - presets and preferences do not transfer with your your Adobe ID so they are not on your new physical machine.

Your missing stuff would be on your old machine - you'll need to copy it over to the new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin wow, interesting!   I had not idea, good thing got the backups in time machine.  Let Adobe know I vote for it all transistioning over seamlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you copy these preferences to the newer version?  Also had the same problem with Lightroom CC.

Also, the photoshop workspace look like a sharing style workspace, very unlike the traditional one.  Did I miss something during the migration to Mac Studio Max?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines