• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT : Hello everyone I need to know how to manage my 6500 fonts (including families) Is there a way to see them even deactivated!???

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone I need to know how to manage my 6500 fonts (including families) - "and yes I like them all"

Is there a way to see them even deactivated on some softwares like Photoshop/ Illustrator and InDesign? Because every time I reopen them they seem to crash every time I try to use the type tool.. I though about converting them into some other type of files like vectors but it would be hard to work with that, I think..

Anyone??

p.s.the worst thing is when we "deactivate" them they stop showing on the softwares like Photoshop and so on, I'm gonna have to create a suitcase for them

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

I use Suitcase Fusion to manage about 2500 fonts. It was recently upgraded for 2017 and works great. Only the fonts I actually need at any one time are activated. When I open any Adobe CC file from PS, AI or INDD the fonts I need are automatically activated. If I am working on design comps, I will make a collection of possible font options with Suticase, and then activate that collection so I have them for my design comps. I can easily turn off the font activation for the group when I am done. Y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre has a lot of fonts.  How do you manage yours Pierre?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I used to use Suitcase Fusion, but not anymore. My Fonts and Image collections reside in external media (HD's & DVD's).

I bring them to my working MBP as needed. (I'v got PDF archives).

Is there a way to see them even deactivated

Suitcase as change (last update was to fix something for PS 2017), so, not sure if font sets are deactivated that they will still show up on Adobe software (font list). Maybe there's a way to disable them per software rules (use). !!

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what's the limit of fonts you can have "activated" before your Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator crashes? (...type tool)

Is there a way we can see the "memory" or capacity of the software? So we can prevent it from crashing? It would be wise to know when to stop (even when we use images/files & fonts ...workspace)

[Duplicate post removed by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ana sofiaf4471999 wrote:

And what's the limit of fonts you can have "activated" before your Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator crashes? (...type tool)

It's not so much a matter of Photoshop crashing, but more of a negative impact on performance.  Especially on start up times — you'll see the fonts being loaded on the Splash screen.

I'd be interested in a decent font manager myself.  TypeKit started out as wonderful, but became too focused as a revenue earner.  I love how it filters and streamlines font finding, and I really love the built in font management features Photoshop CC now has, but even with a full subscription we are limited to 100 synced fonts at any one time.  As I am a big fan of the multiple weights available for a lot of the TypeKit fonts, that 100 limit is nowhere near enough.  The workflow of releasing some synced fonts to make room for others is slow and clunky.  Even with a reasonably fast internet connection it takes way too long.

Then there are fonts like Bickham Script Pro that came as standard with CS6, are not even available via TypeKit with CC.  That caused me a lot of problems!

I don't know if this article is viewable without a Lynda.com subscription, and I have not read it yet myself, but anything coming from Lynda.com is going to be quality information.

A Brief Introduction to Font Management

So thanks for starting this thread Ana.  You might end up helping a good few people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Suitcase Fusion to manage about 2500 fonts. It was recently upgraded for 2017 and works great. Only the fonts I actually need at any one time are activated. When I open any Adobe CC file from PS, AI or INDD the fonts I need are automatically activated. If I am working on design comps, I will make a collection of possible font options with Suticase, and then activate that collection so I have them for my design comps. I can easily turn off the font activation for the group when I am done. You shouldn't have to worry about crashing your applications becuase you should never need all 6,000 fonts open at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines