Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use paint bucket to change only one color

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having trouble with using paint bucket tool to fill just one area. 

What is happening it is mixing in with other images on the page with different tones of the same color. 

I have seen on the web a few years ago that you can constrain the fill option to a hex color only, but cannot seem to find the

right information.

I have inserted rectangles on the images of a different color to see if that would work but to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven Williams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the foregound color with the color picker, you can enter in hex values there. Make sure you use a low tolerance threshold and use contiguous. I would really make a selection first then fill it. I rarely, if ever use the paintbucket tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding to Chuck's comment.

You may need to experiment with different Tolerance levels depending on your image.  The top circle used a tolerance of 100% and the bottom one was 32%.  Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 5.08.15 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines