• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a layer to replace a persons skin

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know if it is possible to use photoshop to place a layer (let's say a patterned mural) on top of a person, BUT have the layer follow the contours of the person's features. It is easy to simply put the layer on their body but I want it to look as though that layer is painted on them. (Ie Force photoshop to warp the top layer to the dimensions of the model)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can understand what you want then solution for you is layer mask and blending mode like Overlay applied to placed layer which is on top of a person.

It will be useful if you can provide some examples or screenshots so we can better understand what exactly you want to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be referring to the displacement map feature. Is this what you mean?

Displ.PNG

Displ2.PNG

The above is from an online tutorial here: https://www.discoverdigitalphotography.com/2012/photoshop-tutorial-how-to-apply-a-texture-to-a-face-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the affected regions the Displace-Filter ponytail1414 mentioned may be enough, but some additional Warping or Puppet Warping or Liquifying may be useful.

As Bojan Živković pointed out showing the images you want to combine may help people to provide more pertinent advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

man displace Multilpy.pngallgoodmen.png

Displacement Mapping is the appropriate technique. I wrote a Tech Sheet (pdf) for my students with step-by-step instructions and illustrations for this. If you would like a copy, send me a personal message that includes your email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines