• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using ACR on a masked layer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has probably been asked, but I can't find it.  I would like to be able to adjust clarity, dehaze, etc. that are available through the Raw filter, but only on a masked area and not the entire image.  I assume I could copy the subject to a new file, adjust it there, then move it back, but that's kind of tedious.  Is there any way to do this directly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off the top of my head: Turn your original layer into a Smart Object. Invoke the Camera Raw Filter. Use the Smart Filter's layer mask to dial back any changes made by the Camera Raw Filter. (You can do it vice versa too if you invert the mask, paint, etc. just like any other layer mask. It's just that this one applies to the Smart Filter itself.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The smart Filter will have a filter masks  If the Layer was already a smart object layer and has a Layer Mask you want the Smar filter to use load the layer mask  as a selection before adding the ACR Smart Filter.  So the Smart filters will be masked like the smart object layer the layer Mask and the smart Filter

mash will look the same.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines