• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using drawings for commercial purpose

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am planning to buy Adobe Photoshop. As I mentioned in the subject, will I be able to use my drawings that I will make in this program for commercial purposes (in my mobile game)? On the other hand, what happens after the date expiration? Can I still use the drawings for commercial purposes?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

It’s under section 1.5 of the Adobe General Terms of Use that you agreed to when signing up:

1.5 Ownership. You (as a Business or an individual, as applicable) retain all rights and ownership of your Content. We do not claim any ownership rights to your Content.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This is not legal advice, of course, but I think we can all safely say that all the original work you create, draw, capture from your own imagery belongs to you, even after the end of your subscription.

Otherwise there would be no artwork anywhere, as most of everything you see from advertizements, to magazine images, still images on TV, videogame assets go through Photoshop at one point or the other...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps the stress should be on the word 'original'. You need to look at the license conditions of stock images you incorperate for instance.  Ideas can be coprighted if they happen to be too similar to an exisiting graphic.  I just created this from scratch to make a point, but someone else owns the idea.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s under section 1.5 of the Adobe General Terms of Use that you agreed to when signing up:

1.5 Ownership. You (as a Business or an individual, as applicable) retain all rights and ownership of your Content. We do not claim any ownership rights to your Content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for the reply, what about using a trial version? Am I allowed to use the trial version for commercial purposes too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a lawyer, but the terms probably apply equally to trial and paid. It would just be weird if they said “your stuff isn’t yours” just because it was done in a trial version, when under normal use your stuff is always yours.

If you want to remove all doubt you would want to contact Adobe directly since this is just a user-to-user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that the trial versions do not last a long time, and learning Photoshop to use it efficiently, and establish workflows, beter techniques takes time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines