• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Mac OS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there still issues with macOS Monterey and the latest versions of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 24.3 without issues on a mid 2015 MBP. Anything in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in particular. Just have been reluctant to upgrade to Monterey given previous reports of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey is at 12.6.3 at latest and final update, so it should be stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• So, just to be sure, you're experiencing no issues with latest versions of Photoshop or light room since you upgraded to Monterey. Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clear the air, I'm a forum volunteer and not a Adobe Employee. Monterey came installed with my 2015 Macbook Pro, so I never did upgrade it myself except for the 12.6.3 update. Photoshop 24 would not install on my old Catalina 10.15 Mac. The hardware supports what I do, so I have no problems. If you meet recommended (not minimum) system requirements, you should do well, but I can only offer advice not a warranty.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If you are satisfied with the way Photoshop works on your MacOS, then maybe you should stay with your present OS especially if your living depends on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another forum volunteer, I did update to Monterey on my 2019 MacBook Pro (currently 12.6.3) only after Ventura was released, I don't plan on updating to Ventura anytime soon.

I don't have any issues with Adobe CC software (I don't use Lr).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you avoiding Ventura?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Macs since the early 1990's and has time has gone by, I trust new releases less and less. This isn't just a Mac thing, it could be Windows OS, or other software. The bleeding edge and all that. Apple are just more "progressive" in dropping old technologies and introducing new ones, so unless there is a compelling reason I'm happy to sit back and wait for the rough edges to be polished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Thanks Stephen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My production Mac has been running on macOS 12 Monterey for many months. I use Lightroom Classic and Photoshop every day, and they’re running reliably on it for me.

As usual I waited through several macOS bug fix point releases before upgrading to Monterey, and I’m keeping it on Monterey a while longer before upgrading it to macOS 13 Ventura. There still seems to be an issue or two with Ventura, like the crash on Page Setup that some Lightroom Classic users are seeing in Ventura that appears to be in the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Conrad. I too will wait a little longer before upgrading to Ventura. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines