• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Shift-Move to Copy Layer From One Image to Another Not Centering

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the shift-Move technique to combine images into separate layers for a couple of years.  As of this week, the resulting images are not being automatically centered.

Namely, I'm following the procedure outlined in Copy and arrange layers :

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 7.44.58 AM.png

I.e., using the Move tool with the shift key held down.  In the past, the images in the layers (same dimensions) would be automatically centered.  Now, the dragged layer appears with a random shift relative to the ones in the receiving file.  I thought that the File / Place Embedded command would be a viable alternative, but it appears to suffer from the same problem.  Do I have a setting somewhere that is messed up or is this a bug?

Details: Mac OS 12.6, Photoshop 23.5.2.  Note that I had also installed PS 24.0, but reverted to 23.5.2 when I saw this behavior.  Alas, it is occurring in 23.5.2 as well, although I used this technique without problems within the last couple of weeks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

I think I've resolved this problem, or at least can no longer reproduce it reliably.  I was about to try a different mouse & keyboard combination when I noticed this.  One of the confounding factors is that the two images I was testing with DO have a slight shift (perhaps from adding a filter to the camera); I thought I had verified previously that these images were well aligned.

Thanks to anyone who looked into this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works correctly here (24.0).

Have you confirmed elsewhere that the shift key isn't stuck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've resolved this problem, or at least can no longer reproduce it reliably.  I was about to try a different mouse & keyboard combination when I noticed this.  One of the confounding factors is that the two images I was testing with DO have a slight shift (perhaps from adding a filter to the camera); I thought I had verified previously that these images were well aligned.

Thanks to anyone who looked into this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is easy enough to create an action to auto-centre the target layer to a select all selection if there is any doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines