• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable data set (Football Table / Standings)

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I want to make a football table for example (Premier League table) but also to contain the club logo of all 20 teams.

Here's what the table looks like in 'spreadsheets' and what it looks like in PS, as well as the table in csv.
So, I can't find a way to add a team logo, so I would ask you if someone knows how to explain it to me!

Thanks!
PL_table_.jpgcapture_spreadsheets.PNG

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

I think you may want to do something like this in Indesign instead of Photoshop. 

Anchored objects

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

What on Earth do you mean by "I created the table in spreadsheets"? We are talking about Photoshop. Is this a Photoshop file? Or do you want to put photos in your spreadsheet? Photoshop doesn't have a spreadsheet function, if you are talking about a Photoshop file then you would need to manually recreate your chart each time.

If you are doing this in Excel (for example) then this is the wrong forum to ask for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may want to do something like this in Indesign instead of Photoshop. 

Anchored objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you just manually creating this in Photoshop? You would just copy/paste the logos in where you wanted them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the table in spreadsheets.

What I want is to add a logo from each club, not manually, but via variable data.

Because when the table is updated over time, (here is an example) Arsenal is in the 5th position on the table, so how can the logo be the same in the 5th position (how do I match the club name and the club logo?)

Is there any script for that or whatever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What on Earth do you mean by "I created the table in spreadsheets"? We are talking about Photoshop. Is this a Photoshop file? Or do you want to put photos in your spreadsheet? Photoshop doesn't have a spreadsheet function, if you are talking about a Photoshop file then you would need to manually recreate your chart each time.

If you are doing this in Excel (for example) then this is the wrong forum to ask for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, you need to redo your table, one club on each row, and you need to ad one column for the logo. 
You can only see one data row at a time in your PSD file. you, CSV,  have to have the data separate with an [ ,] or [tab].
Be sure to spell the variable name correctly, no spaces both in the spreadsheet and destination file in photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines