• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector becoming blurry in PS

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, as a new learner on CC I found myself lost when creating a logo in illustrator from text and drawing with lines and shapes (excuse my english is not perfect). When I export, copy/paste, drag & drop or whatever (in PS)  the logo becomes all blurred and full of pixels. I want to use it for flyers, for annoucements etc so i need to make it small on my pages. But the more he gets smaller the more he gets "dirty". I couldn't find anything on the internet, so does anyone has any idea for me to try to fix this ? 
Might be important to notice that my Photoshop becomes really slow when i import the logo from AI.
Thanks All ! 😉

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS works completely different from AI and unless you use smart objects, or native clipping paths/ shape layer paths, these things happen at the pixel level and then things like document DPI, effects applied and so on matter, too. You may want to read the online help on the basics before diving into any of this blindly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i was scared this was from a software error or something like this, Thanks for your help I will go and check what you told me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone has any idea for me to try to fix this ? 

Based on your description 

But the more he gets smaller the more he gets "dirty". 

there is nothing to fix; pixel images consist of pixels and if you scale down an object it will be represented by fewer pixels. 

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

If you use Shape Layers (or any Layers with Vector Masks) you can create vector output by saving copies as pdf or eps, but Photoshop’s display will still be the pixels. 

Why do you edit the logo in Photoshop at all and don’t finish it in Illustrator? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood way better and I could find many answers using your informations.
And I finally just decided to finish my works directly on Illustrator, habits are not always good.
Thanks a lot !!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your libraries for your logo. It will stay a vector. When you drag your image into PS from your library, it will be a linked smart object and will retain it's original properties. It might still look pixelated in PS because it's a pixel based app. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okayyyyyy it will help a lot this also !!!! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines