• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View tool shape when working

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before updating, when I used the brush or certain other tools like clone stamp, the shape of the tool appeared -- so a round brush showed a circle and a spatter brush showed the spatter. If you had the shift lock on, it did not show the tool, only the crosshairs. When you enlarged the brush, the circle enlarged so you could target the area you were working on easily.

Suddenly, that's not working the same way. I only get the crosshairs unless I hold the shift key down. Then the circle appears until I move the mouse. Sometimes it disappears immediately. 

Is this a change to the program? Did I accidentally change a setting I'm not aware of? Is there a way to revert to the old way?

I reset the preferences and I'm working on the latest version -- 25.3.1. Also on MacBook Pro. 

TIA.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

If you go to Preferences (Edit > Preferences > Cursors... on Windows or Photoshop > Settings... > Cursors... on macOS), then you can set Painting Cursors to Normal Brush Tip to see the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go to Preferences (Edit > Preferences > Cursors... on Windows or Photoshop > Settings... > Cursors... on macOS), then you can set Painting Cursors to Normal Brush Tip to see the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines