Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos driver + macOS = nightmare

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I could not find the answer to my issue anywhere else so I am now trying here.

To make it simple, all drivers for Intuos Pro (old and new) are unusable with CC apps in macOS for me and a few others :

https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments/4nv4ep/osx_keys_stuck_when_hovering_intuos_pro_pen/

Wacom ! please fix the stuck key driver issue on MacOS - Intuos Pro Large - fresh MacOS install - Yo...

Photoshop and other CC apps:

- Cmd, Ctrl, Shift, Alt are randomly triggered or not detected when pressed

- Zoom and Eye dropper are randomly trigger

- Almost impossible to use the Pen or Brush tool as random keys are trigger and interrupt the process

Finder:
- Random double click that causes intempestive opening of files just by clicking once on them

- Cmd, Ctrl, Shift, Alt are randomly triggered or not detected when pressed ( Clicking on a folder will open a new Finder tab in the background, Clicking on the Dock will open the Application folder instead of the app, Selecting multiple files will either not work, stop half-way or open all of them.. )

Keynote, Pages, all iWork apps:

- Impossibility to select text by dragging

All those issues start when I start a CC app or Chrome. The Wacom driver somehow bug when 'heavy apps' are on.
We already tried clean reinstall of several old and new drivers, clean the SMC, PRAM, repair disk permissions, reinstall CC, remove all custom prefs in Wacom On-Screen Controls...

Wacom nor Apple did not help us for the last month so I am trying Photoshop Discussion..

The only workaround we find is to press Space whenever the weird behavior is happening.

If you have a magic solution, I am listening :')

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating... You can't get much done having to go back and forth, hitting the escape key countless times to un-stick the command keys from pen. You would think all things would be tested before new drivers were available for downloads. I know reading from a few forums that... downloading the older version Wacom Driver 6.3.15.3 helps, but also read that the sticky keys come back into play after a while. This issue is very time consuming when you have to stop and try  to unstick the keys frantically! Not to mention countless times it interferes with your retouching! It's a sad thing but we're thinking of going back to the mouse. Good job WACOM! I hope you find a solution before there's a huge exodus. LET MY STICKY KEYS GO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes. The latest Wacom driver 6.3.19-6 is a piece of crap. Now ... tatatatataaaaaa ... you can't select more than one layer in Photoshop CC. well done ...

And the workaround for iWork, to press the shift key to select text, doesn't work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.. I did the error of thinking that their brand new driver would fix everything.

.....Nope! All the modifier keys just DON'T work when using the pen. A complete nightmare.

I went back to an old driver, the 6.3.15-3 and I am still having the sticky keys problem but at least they are working randomly..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Exact same problem. Brutal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is Wacom answer when I told them my 'issues' about their new driver 6.3.19-6...

Unfortunately there are a few issues in the 6.3.19 driver, all of these will be resolved in the upcoming 6.3.20 driver. For now I highly recommend to fully uninstall all of the driver software according to the attached .pdf file, and installing the driver below afterwards. Make sure install the driver on the main hard drive with the OS.

- http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.15-3.dmg

Let's hope we don't have to wait again 3 months for this new driver to come out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6.3.15-3 fixed my problem.  Thanks for the post !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you thank you! Your comment really help me to fix this fu** issue with my beautiful Intuos 3. I have been more than 5 hours researching till find this comment. May the force be with you xD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same issue is driving me bananas. My workflow and efficiency has been crippled, and no matter what hoops I jump through, I can't seem to fix the problem. Has anyone else had any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to 6.3.15-3 seems to fix all the issues if you remove all Wacom files (drivers AND preferences files ) carefully before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried rolling back to 6.3.15-3 and it has resolved my issues. I should mention, I am on a Cintiq 27QHD. In Photoshop, selecting multiple layers, and the eyedropper work properly again.

Thank you to everyone who has spent hours and hours figuring this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and stumbled across this thread. It seems some people have had success, as margo-gabel said above, by rolling back to an older driver. This is NOT the first time Wacom has released a flawed driver, and certainly won't be the last. I hope Wacom gets it together, because Microsoft (Surface Studio) is very temping, minus the pen. I am going to try the above solution now and will report on whether it worked or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers, thanks to everyone who struggled with this issue and figured out a solution. I also had success rolling back to 6.3.15-3. Unfortunately, it seems the tablet's trackpad feature is currently not working, but that's a small price to pay to be able to use the tablet normally in conjunction with Adobe apps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar problems with my Intuos 3 tablet when I upgraded to MacOs Sierra.  Unfortunately, Wacom doesn't support my tablet anymore, so they're not planning on updating the driver to work with Sierra.  And, installing an older driver didn't work, because of macOS is Sierra.  Sierra is the problem.  I had to go buy a new Intuos tablet.  It works better, but not perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE!

Do not install the latest version of the driver released this month: 6.3.20-4

Here is what Wacom answered me about the newest driver when I asked if I could finally update, as I am still using 6.3.15-3:

"

Thank you for your message.

We would have hoped that driver 6.3.20-4 would be without any further issues, but unfortunately it still contains a few bugs. For now I'd still recommend to wait a little bit longer. We have received confirmation that these final bugs will be fixed in driver 6.3.21 which will be released very soon.

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Wacom is dead exactly after installing this "6.3.21 which will be released very soon." I am desperate. This is a recurring problem, and my work is paralyzed time and again. E-mails are answred after several weeks . phone calls are not answered at all! What do i do wrong? or is it Wacom's/mac combination that simply does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Realised something though. It's not exactly a "sticky key", but more of a "sticky pen" problem.

Try adjusting the "Tip Feel" in the Wacom Preferences.

After compressing the Click Threshold & Max Pressure, I chose a steeper Sensitivity Curve.

This seems to work for me so far..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having issues with unresponsive keyboard shortcuts in PS CS6 after upgrading to macOS 10.12 & and the latest Wacom driver for my Intuos4 (6.3.25-2).

The Adobe Photoshop "White Window" plugin (from Adobe) mentioned on this Adobe Forums thread fixed the keyboard issues for me. Maybe worth trying. I was convinced it was a Wacom issue, but after downloading all the older drivers, and systematically uninstalling and installing them with no change in behavior, I eventually found this other solution and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same problem in 2018...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Looks like this issue crept back into Wacom Driver 6.3.29-6 Mac High Sierra 10.13.4.

Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got the problem. Very annoying!

Wacom Driver 6.3.30-2, Mac High Sierra 10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using an Intuos3 A4 (PTZ-930) on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and using an older driver version 6.3.8-2, works perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaand.... the problem is back with the latest 6.3.30-2 Wacom Driver, yay!...

My only solution so far is to kill the WacomTabletDriver process in the Activity Monitor. It seems to work pretty well for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes it only worse for me. Tablet stops working completely (I thought the process would just reappear after a while) and I had to restart my mac. Restarting was fixing the problem, but I know that's just temporary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that it does not work for you.
The issue is getting worse and worse on my side, even after trying all the solutions provided by Wacom.
I have to kill the process almost 30 times a day to be able to work properly..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines