Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos driver + macOS = nightmare

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I could not find the answer to my issue anywhere else so I am now trying here.

To make it simple, all drivers for Intuos Pro (old and new) are unusable with CC apps in macOS for me and a few others :

https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments/4nv4ep/osx_keys_stuck_when_hovering_intuos_pro_pen/

Wacom ! please fix the stuck key driver issue on MacOS - Intuos Pro Large - fresh MacOS install - Yo...

Photoshop and other CC apps:

- Cmd, Ctrl, Shift, Alt are randomly triggered or not detected when pressed

- Zoom and Eye dropper are randomly trigger

- Almost impossible to use the Pen or Brush tool as random keys are trigger and interrupt the process

Finder:
- Random double click that causes intempestive opening of files just by clicking once on them

- Cmd, Ctrl, Shift, Alt are randomly triggered or not detected when pressed ( Clicking on a folder will open a new Finder tab in the background, Clicking on the Dock will open the Application folder instead of the app, Selecting multiple files will either not work, stop half-way or open all of them.. )

Keynote, Pages, all iWork apps:

- Impossibility to select text by dragging

All those issues start when I start a CC app or Chrome. The Wacom driver somehow bug when 'heavy apps' are on.
We already tried clean reinstall of several old and new drivers, clean the SMC, PRAM, repair disk permissions, reinstall CC, remove all custom prefs in Wacom On-Screen Controls...

Wacom nor Apple did not help us for the last month so I am trying Photoshop Discussion..

The only workaround we find is to press Space whenever the weird behavior is happening.

If you have a magic solution, I am listening :')

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with my newly purchased Wacom intuos M and tried several solutions.

It didn't really work but the problem was solved anyhow – just for your info here's everything I've done:

1. uninstalled* drivers via Wacom utility software

2. tablet still worked, so I guess #1 didn't work properly

3. uninstalled all Wacom-files I've found and installed driver 6.3.15-3

4. tablet was not detected anymore

5. uninstalled drivers manually and installed 6.3.24-1

5. tablet was still not detected

6. uninstalled drivers manually and installed latest drivers (6.3.30-2)

7. tablet was recognized again and the bug hasn't occured since then.

*after every uninstallation of drivers I rebooted the macbook

As soon as the bug comes back I'll try all the alternative workarounds for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this Wacom problem been solved by anyone ? It's the end of 2018 I m using Mac OS Mojave and the latest Wacom driver 6.3.32-3 . Working in Photoshop is almost impossible ! The tools get stuck in move when I actually want to clone and nonsense like that . I have to uninstall the driver reinstall and it works again for a while until it gets stuck again . I can not work more then 15 min at a time before things break again its awful . Any ideas , can anyone help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be fighting with my Mac/Photoshop/Intuos constantly.  Out of frustration I recently purchased a Huion tablet and pen, but after a month going back and forth with support I had to return it.  Wacom works very poorly, but the Huion would not work at all.  I would gladly give up all the shortcut buttons and the ring just to have the pen work like a mouse.  I have been considering trading in my 4 year old iMac to see if it at least makes working in Photoshop tolerable for a while.  I'm becoming convinced that there is no fix that will last for long.  Time for someone to make something that works.

Michael Palumbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines