• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos Pro pen not working properly with latest version of Photoshop

Advisor ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grateful for some help with an odd problem that has just cropped up.

I am using the latest, updated version of Photoshop under W10 Pro 64bit and my Wacom equipment is an Intuos Pro small tablet with grip and classic pens.

I am using the latest Nvidia and Wacom drivers, and W10, are up to date. I have 32Gb ram  and a 6700 cpu.

This set up was working fine until a few days ago and the tablet STILL works ok with Corel Painter 2018.

The problem is that the pen tool will not leave a brushstroke on a layer and after a moment begins to move the whole layer (still making no brush mark) as you move the brush. This is apparent using a simple brush, or an Art History Brush or the Pattern Stamp tool (as a cloning brush) indeed any brush that should make a mark.  The (SteelSeries wired) mouse seems to work and be unaffected.

I have tried resetting preferences and there is nothing about this issue in the Wacom user forum that I cans see. I have also tried using an earlier Wacom driver but that did not help.  I have not tried rolling back the Nvidia driver a couple of versions and am reluctant to reinstall Photoshop because it is a big job.

Can anyone suggest any answers, please?

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

The latest Windows 10 cumulative update is probably causing the problem. (March cumulative update) Uninstall it and see if that helps. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m very annoyed by this problem. I`ve done the PSUserConfig.txt solution, and the reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f  solution stop to panning but start a big lag in brush strokes like 20seconds to draw a line!I don`t know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the "reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f" seems to have fixed the update with photoshop but not with any other apps like Illustrator or Blender. I still get the zoom in bug and whenever  I put my pen to the tablet it right clicks even though my pen tip is set to left click. Anyone else having issues with illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines