• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom stylus side button stopped working as eraser

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Photoshop on other hard drive and after that, my tablet stylus button stopped working as eraser. Everything else in the tablet driver works properly including pen pressure, both buttons work as well. Only the eraser function uses the same tool I used before no matter which button it is set to. It also doesn't just draw with the alt color; no matter which tool was used before, it keeps using that tool.

I have Wacom Bamboo Pen CTL-470 and it only seems to have one possible driver I have downloaded from wacom's official site. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and restarted my computer. The Photoshop version I now have is 22.5 and I thought that would be the issue as the problem only started after reinstalling Photoshop, but I tried going back to 22.4.3 and the problem still occured.

The problem also seems to be definitely a Photoshop problem as the eraser tool set on side button works fine on other softwares (tested on Aseprite).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProTip: With the Brush tool active, you can temporarily hold down the grave (tilde) key above the Tab key to use the same brush tip to erase with.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  What do you mean by "tablet stylus button stopped working as eraser" - are you talking about the button on the stylus or on the tablet?

Try grabbing the latest general drivers (6.3.44-1) here: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers#latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderator please change the label of this thread to macOS and Windows (and delete my post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines