• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tablet not servicing whole screen (Win 7)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After making the move to Windows 7 a few months ago everything went fine regarding my tablet. Then a month later the driver died, i installed a newer version of the tablet for W7 and since then ive been having nightmares regarding the touch functionality of the tablet.

As of a week or two ago, the pen functionality has started dieing too. Im almost certain that what ever problems im having is not related to the tablet itself but my machine.

When photoshop is not the active window, my pen can control the cursor to any position on the screen, however once photoshop is the active window, i can only control the upper left corner of the monitor. Ive tested it on a few apps and the same is happening on Fireworks, After Effects.

http://iaza.com/work/100421C/186136.jpg << shows the area in which i can move to

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

I have the latest patch for Photoshop CS4 (11.0.1)

Have the latest patch for my tablet (5.2.1-6) - Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch

Is there some settings in photoshop that changes where the tablet controls and such or?

Thanks, (i hope this is in the right place )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

I just talked to Wacom Tech support.

Using an Intuos 4, and Windows 7, I was having some problems with CS5.

He told me that the drivers weren't completely installed.

Here's what he told me to do.

1. Open the Start Menu
  2. Open the Control Panel
  3. If in category view, click Hardware and Sound
  4. Under "Devices and Printers", click Device Manager
  5. After opening the Device Manager, go down to "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" and click the drop-down arrow
  6. If you see two "HID-Compliant Mouse" categories, click on both o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2010 Sep 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this Wacom Graphire and, having recently upgraded to Windows 7 and having just got CS5, I now have this random problem.

Yesterday, the tablet worked great. Today, suddenly it conforms to a laggy top corner of the screen, but only when I have Photoshop or Illustrator as the active window.

I've followed the forums' many solutions; the only thing that seemed to work was reseting my tablet preferences, which killed my tablet hotkeys along with all of the adjustments but it undid the problem so that was fine... for about 5 minutes, then my tablet started acting sort of like a mouse and started to click instead of brush.I've had this problem before too, the old solution being that I had to open Photoshop with the tablet, not my mouse, or else it'd be confused. This isn't working now.

So I'm really frustrated again. I'm about ready to sell this graphire, as drivers for it are a pain and no one else seems to have this model so solutions are infrequent.

Outside of contacting Wacom, which I plan to do in the next few minutes, does anyone have any solutions for the odd screen problem AND why my graphire is acting up? What's so different between graphire, Intuos, Bamboo, etc??

Windows 7, 32-bit

Photoshop Extended CS5

Wacom Graphire CTE630BT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2011 Feb 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Bamboo Pen tablet and was having the same problem in Lightroom 3.3, cursor stuck in upper left quadrant.  But after reading some of the posts here, I did the following and it seems to have solved the problem.

1.  Disconnect the tablet

2.  Uninstall the driver (even tho I already had upgraded to the lasted version 5.2.4-5)

3.  Restart the machine

4.  Download and reinstall the driver, same one.

5.  Reconnect the tablet.

5.  Bingo, all fixed.  Makes no sense to me, but it's still working one day later.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the Start Menu
  5. After opening the Device Manager, go down to "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" and click the drop-down arrow
  6. If you see two "HID-Compliant Mouse" categories, click on both of them, and find the one that says "Wacom Virtual HD Driver" under 'Location'.
  7. Once you have found the correct device, click on the Driver tab, and click the Update Driver button
  8. Click on Browse My Computer for Driver Software
  9. Click Browse -> Computer -> Program Files -> Tablet // OR type in the box " C:\Program Files\Tablet " and make sure you have the "Include subfolders" option checked.
  10. Click Next
  11. And it should update itself.

I hope this clears things up. If not, try calling the Wacom Tech Support.

~Kay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2011 Oct 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution has just solved my problem.

I am surprised that installing an updated driver did not complete these steps, which is a little disappointing, and I was getting concerned that me recently purchased Intuos 4 tablet was not going to do the job properly.

Thanks for the solution post toxic_panic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toxic_panic wrote:

1. Open the Start Menu
  6. If you see two "HID-Compliant Mouse" categories, click on both of them, and find the one that says "Wacom Virtual HD Driver" under 'Location'.
  7. Once you have found the correct device, click on the Driver tab, and click the Update Driver button
  9. Click Browse -> Computer -> Program Files -> Tablet // OR type in the box " C:\Program Files\Tablet " and make sure you have the "Include subfolders" option checked.
  10. Click Next

~Kay

This works like a charm. solved my problem. win7 64bit, cs5.

I don't like the  idea installing and reinstalling and wait for ... wacom.

Remember that we tend to plug in the tablet first, MS driver comes in and play, then we install wacom driver, it won't replace MS driver completely.

This is what I did:

1. Go to Device Manager.

2. There are 2 HID-compliant mouses (exactly the same Properties, Provider: Microsoft ... in both, no Wacom Virtual HD Driver) and 1 Wacom Mouse Monitor.

3. I chose the second HID-compliant mouse, point to Browse -> Computer -> Program Files -> Tablet, exactly as toxic did --> driver is updated, provider: Wacom, it becomes "Wacom mouse".

4. Switch back to Photoshop, it WORKS.

note: no need to restart/log out&in the computer, nor restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you super much, this fixed the issue for me. Windows7 64bit, intuos3, cs5. Finally I can use all of my screen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toxic_panic wrote:

1. Open the Start Menu
  10. Click Next

~Kay

Many thanks it works.

I had the same problem with vista 64 bits and a bamboo fun pen and touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all, I have just tried this very same fix in Windows 8 RTM and it is working properly now! You're a life-saver. I just wanted to put my tablet to trash! Thank you very much for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toxic_panic:  Your post was incredibly useful.  Total lifesaver.  Thank you!!

In my case,  the tablet is a Graphire Bluetooth, model CTE-630BT, used with Photoshop CS6.  The solution worked perfectly.

Michaelson Britt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This answer has made my evening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, tried the solution, I only have one  HID-Compliant Mouse and when I try to update the driver manually, it just tells me that Windows thinks the driver si up to date, should I desinstall my tablet driver and download an older one to update it this way ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to get the driver update from Microsoft (mistake) or Wacom (where you need to go)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like everyone is all fixed up, but when I first looked at the thread I had to think about the Precision Mode, and Display Toggle switches on the Intuos 4.  (Third and forth buttons from top )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same problem after upgrading to a newer PS version.  Go to Wacom and download the latest driver for your tablet.  Once you've done that and restart your computer, the stylus should work fine in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was experiencing this issue as well in CS6 on Windows 7 x64

I installed the drivers and uninstalled them countless times. I uninstalled and installed CS6 and none of this solved my problem.

I ended up going to

Start>All Programs>Bamboo>Bamboo Preference File Utility

In the "Bamboo Preference File Utility" under "All User Preferences" I clicked "Remove" allowed it with administrative privilages when asked, then setup my tablet preferences again. and opened photoshop. This worked but only temperarily. i have to do it every time I open photoshop now, until some permanent fix is found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines