• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Warp' effect preview, can't see anything

Contributor ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an outline shape that Im trying to distort but can hardly see anything in the preview in the dialog box.

Originally it was white so I changed it to black, but is still practically invisible.

If I could just make the dialog box bigger, or zoom in, then it would be fine.

How does anyone manage to work with this effect? It just ends up being pure guesswork with me as I can't see what I'm doing

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 19.22.49.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Experiment , iPadOS , macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @user82573258 ,

I feel your pain. I was doing some experiments with Wave filter just the other day.

Unfortunately, many of the filters, especially under Distort, are ancient. And tend to be pretty low priority for updating.

Not sure if it's a good option, but have you tried using Puppet Warp to apply the wave distortion to that layer manually?

Convert it to a smart object first so it remains editable.

Let us know how it goes!

Sef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Change the color of the transparency squares to white or solid color, or disable it altogether in the transparency settings.

2. Before applying the filter, temporarily change the screen resolution, for example to 600x800.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines