• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web safe colors, Why does Adobe still include it in their drop down menu

Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean back in the old days, when video cards had limited ram and monitors could only display 256 colors yea sure but come on those are at the least museum concepts and hardware. Surely we can do away with this old friend by now—Yes?

web-safe-scrn.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of things they could do away with, but then some group of people will scream that it ruined their workflow. May they're creating retro art and need that "look." Cheaper for Adobe not to have to spend money to remove something that's been there since nearly the beginning of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that also, It will go away one day though and be replaced with something else. That day can't come to soon enough for me. I get tired of looking at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it has been replaced with something better, several times over. But as Chuck says, these old things are never removed. There's always someone, sitting in a cave, still living in 1998, who is actually using this.

It's the same with hex. Back in the day, it was the best they could do. But today it serves no useful purpose, it just causes confusion and misunderstanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, but saying that it still more useful than web safe colors especially when making color swatches. But yea other than that it pretty much worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines